Hey there, my friend! It sounds like you’re curious about whether you might be experiencing the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Let’s dive in together and embark on this journey of self-discovery!
- Traumatic Event:
- Have you experienced or witnessed a potentially life-threatening, traumatic event?
- Did the event evoke intense fear, helplessness, or horror at the time?
- Does it continue to haunt you through upsetting memories, nightmares, or flashbacks?
- Re-Experiencing Symptoms:
- Do you frequently have vivid and distressing memories or intrusive thoughts related to the traumatic event?
- Do you often find yourself experiencing intense emotional or physical reactions when reminded of the trauma?
- Are there certain triggers that consistently bring back the emotions associated with the traumatic event?
- Avoidance and Numbing:
- Do you actively avoid people, places, activities, or conversations that remind you of the trauma?
- Have you become less interested or emotionally detached from activities you once enjoyed?
- Do you find it challenging to recall specific details about the traumatic event?
- Negative Thoughts and Mood:
- Do you frequently experience negative thoughts about yourself, others, or the world around you since the trauma?
- Have you noticed a persistent sense of guilt, shame, or self-blame in relation to the traumatic event?
- Are you struggling with a persistent feeling of emotional numbness or a loss of interest in things you used to care about?
- Do you often feel on edge, easily startled, or have difficulty falling or staying asleep?
- Have you noticed an increase in irritability or angry outbursts since the traumatic event?
- Are you constantly hypervigilant or have trouble concentrating due to a heightened sense of danger?
Remember, my friend, these questions are not meant to diagnose you. However, they can serve as a starting point for understanding whether you might be experiencing symptoms related to PTSD. If you resonate with many of these experiences, contact me for a thorough evaluation.
PTSD can be challenging, but with the right support and resources, you can find healing and resilience. Don’t be afraid to reach out, because you don’t have to face this alone. Together, we’ll uncover the truth, and create a path towards hope and well-being. You’ve got this, my friend!